I know what a lot of you are already thinking even as you read the title of this post, “we tried webinars and they don’t work for us”. I implore you to read on with an open mind. I’d be willing to bet that those of you who have tried webinars unsuccessfully tried webinars about one of your products or a new product launch. I agree, those product webinars don’t get much interest.
If you were to produce educational webinars offering your unique expertise via education, I guarantee you would get hundreds of attendees knocking down the door to hear your experts tell them how to solve a perplexing problem. How does that sound? Imagine being in front of (virtually) several hundred people who are in your target audience and solving their problems or making their lives better. You can and should include webinars as a primary activity in your manufacturing marketing mix. Here are 5 compelling reasons:
- Educational webinars generate demand and create tons of high quality leads for the top of your sales funnel.
- Nothing generates interest and engagement like a webinar that educates the people in your target audience. If you pick a relevant topic and give away useful information, you will attract hundreds or even thousands of the very people in your target audience who will one day purchase your product. It’s important to remember that only a small percentage of the people who do attend your webinar are ready to buy at the moment when they sign up or attend a webinar. But, the overwhelming majority will eventually buy the thing you are selling. It is extremely important to continue to offer relevant and useful information on a regular basis. A series of webinars is the best way to position your brand and your offering top of mind with your target audience. If you really want to be a superstar and take market share from your competitors, in addition to the webinars, repurpose the content into an enewsletter or other regular nurturing program.
- Educational webinars establish your brand and your offering as more credible than the competition.
- Which firm is more credible; the one who pounds you with their corporate spin and product features or the firm who helps you to be better at your profession or relieve some pain in your daily tasks by sharing their expertise via educational events and activities? I can tell you from experience the latter destroys the former every time. The best way to demonstrate credibility is to prove it by sharing expertise. Don’t confuse expertise about your product with expertise that helps the people in your audience. Check out this KMI webinar for more on that topic.
- Educational webinars are a gift to the very people who will one day purchase what you manufacture.
- Giving a gift of education to the people in your target audience evokes a desire within them to reciprocate. When the day comes around and the people who attended your webinar (which made their lives better) are ready to purchase the thing you are selling, they want to reciprocate and buy from you not your competitor. Top of mind awareness (TOMA), credibility and reciprocity are a killer combination.
- Webinars offer great engagement metrics that will impress your executive leadership team, the sales team and validate your marketing team’s strategy and tactics.
- Unlike other content marketing tactics, webinars offer simple and easy metrics that will quickly validate your success. Imagine telling your CEO that your most recent webinar put your manufacturing experts in front of 2500 prospective customers. ( I actually achieved this result with a manufacturing company – read about it here.) If you have the proper tools in place, you can also show how much revenue was influenced by your webinar series. You just might even be able to impress the CFO!
- Educational webinars will grow your business and enable you to take market share from your competitors.
- You’ll get the attention and engagement of a much larger portion of your potential market by helping them to be better through educational webinar events which share your expertise. While your competitors are stuck in the old ways of sales and marketing like trade shows and brochures talking about their products and their so called global leadership position, you’re actually helping the people in the market. You get TOMA, credibility, reciprocity and you take the business from your competition.
Ready to give it a try? Do it yourself or contact KMI about Turn-key Webinar Services. The price of a turn-key webinar is about the same as one full color ad in a trade journal. Which one do you think will get you a better ROI?